In 1986 Community Tectonics, Inc. established a scholarship in Bebb’s name at the University of Tennessee School of Architecture. For more information about the Hubert Bebb Scholarship at the University of Tennessee Knoxville, the Community Tectonics scholarship at Pellissippi State Community College, and recent recipients of each, please click here.
Hubert Bebb, Founder
The origins of Community Tectonics Architects dates back to 1950 when the late Mr. Hubert Bebb relocated his successful Chicago-based practice to the East Tennessee area. The practice grew and prospered as Mr. Bebb’s expertise and talent became known in the region. This development continues today with firm principals who joined the organization during his lifetime. A brief firm history is outlined below.
- 1950 – Mr. Hubert Bebb relocates to Gatlinburg and continues architectural practice established in Chicago.
- 1955 – Bebb & Olsen, Architects and Engineers, established in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
- 1960 – Olsen relocates and new partner added. Firm now identified as Bebb & Fleming, Architects and Engineers.
- 1964 – Fleming retires. Firm becomes Bebb & Ogle.
- 1966 – Community Tectonics, Inc. incorporated with an office in Gatlinburg.